Steele Criminal Blog

Attorney Alan Steele




Monday, December 4, 2017

Dallas County Criminal Justice Elections

It’s election time again, with the filing deadline approaching on December 11.  I plan to do a list for those candidates that are part of the system—judges and prosecutors—as the information becomes available. Of course there are rumors in Dallas County about judges leaving and candidates for benches that are not listed here.  I leave those thoughts and expressions to others in the comments below this post, if you so choose.  As of now, to be updated as new information comes in, this is the list of candidates form the party websites.  The Democratic Party has included on their site those running that have not officially filed, and if I run across an announcement on a Facebook page, etc., then I will gladly list them below. 


I post names only here, with party affiliation for new candidates and (I) for the incumbent or current office holder, with minimal extraneous detail (it’s noted where judges have recently been appointed by Governor Abbott or where a judge is retiring, etc).  Any comment as to the individuals running I leave to you. 

304 (Juvenile)
Andrea Martin (I)
LeDeitra Adkins (D)

305 (Juvenile)
Cheryl Shannon (I)
Criminal District Courts
194
Ernest White (I)

195
Hector Garza (I)

203
Teresa Hawthorne (I)
Rocky Jones (D)

204
Tammy Kemp (I)
Steve Duplantis (D)

265
Jennifer Bennett (I)
Myra McIntosh (D)

282
Amber Givens-Davis (I)

283
Livia Lu Francis (newly appointed by Gov. Abbott)
Lela Mays (D)

291
Stephanie Mitchell (I)

292
Brandon Birmingham (I)

363
Tracy Holmes (I)

CDC1
Robert Burns (I)
Monique Ward (D)

CDC2-- Not up this year
Nancy Kennedy (I)

CDC3-- Not up this year
Gracie Lewis (I)

CDC4-- Not up this year
Dominique Collins (I)

CDC5
Carter Thompson

CDC6
Jeanine Howard (I)
Alison Grinter (D)
James Paul Rosemary (R)

CDC7
Stephanie Fargo (Recently appointed by Gov. Abbott)
Chika Anyiam (D)
Heath Harris (D)
Mark Watson (D)



County Criminal Courts

CCC1
Dan Patterson (I)

CCC2
Julia Hayes (I)

CCC3
Doug Skemp (I) (retiring)
Audrey Moorehead (D)

CCC4
Nancy Mulder (I)

CCC5
Lisa Green (I)

CCC6
Angela King (I)

CCC7
Elizabeth Crowder (I) (retiring)
Reneko Edwards (D)

CCC8
Tina Yoo Clinton (I)
Carmen White (D)

CCC9
Peggy Hoffman (I)

CCC10
Roberto Canas (I)

CCC11
Shequitta Kelly (I)

CCAP1 (County Criminal Court of Appeals 1)
Kristin Wade (I)
Mary Jo Taylor (D)

CCAP2 (County Criminal Court of Appeals 2)
Jeffrey Rosenfield (I) (Retiring)
Jennifer Jackson (D)
Bruce Kaye (D)
Johnny Lanzillo (D)
Marilyn Maybe (D)

District Attorney
Faith Johnson (Appointed by Gov. Abbott 2017)
Elizabeth Frizell (D)
John Creuzot (D)


No comments:

Post a Comment